You believe in true love?
That kind of love which is unconditional.
Which has no boundaries.
All it does is entwining two hearts which beat as one.

The story of Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters is that type.

The love they share can be set as a benchmark for true love.

So what if they both met at cancer group?
So what if they both were terminally ill?
So what if both their lives were nothing less than a ticking time bomb?
So what if they fell in love?

Love can happen anywhere.
Love can happen to anyone.
Love is… waiting to be loved.

I don’ t want to divulge much of  the story here, and thus its my ardent request that you do read this whilst you have the opportunity.

Their story made me smile, made me ponder upon some thoughts and also got me welled up.

If you have ever loved somebody, this book belongs to you.

Out of all things i read, i just understood one thing.

Love, like your days are numbered, and that my dear friend will bring out the best in you.

Check out the synopsis on Good reads:

The Fault In Our Stars

Check out the trailer on Youtube:

TFIOS

Buy the book from Flipkart:

The Fault In Our Stars

About the Author:

John Green

If you’ve read the book, please do share with me your thoughts…

Continue Reading

The Dolphin Song..

This story is well written in a language which can be understood by the CHILD within us!!

A book filled with a child’s innocence, thoughts which can weave wonders, belief so powerful, and love so unconditional.

I had a look at this book in my college library.

There was a picture of a dolphin and behind it, the dreaded ocean where its life was uncertain. That was enough to get me curious & the next thing you know, i started reading it.

The cast of the book is as follows:

Martine – A special child with healing powers

Gwen Thomas – Her grand-mother

Grace , Tendai – Her well-wishers

& some school friends.

My Synopsis:

It all began in the first book, when she fulfilled the prophecy of being the animal healer.

The prophecy stated that a young child who will successfully ride the white giraffe JEMMY will be the one who will help animals.

She did that, and thus was known as the special child, the chosen one!

The story continues in the form of a “Sardine run” which Martine and her school friends are going to witness.

While on voyage, she happens to see a herd of dolphins.

They seem to be telling her something, but she can’t understand.

Maybe it was a warning of things to come, and guess what.. the next hour brought a violent storm and a broken fence meant a set of kids got trapped in the ocean, left to die in the darkness.

The kids knew that the ocean has predators in form of sharks, but they also knew from a previous school visit that sharks can survive on plankton and they don’t eat humans unless they consider it as a threat.

Out of nowhere, dolphins emerge and take the kids to a nearby island.

They name each dolphin a unique name based on some feature which makes every dolphin unique.

The island is isolated, humanity is extinct and the kids at such a tender age start to fend for their survival.

One fine day, they spot 21 dolphins who drag themselves to the sand, to die.

The kids have no much strength, but a heart of gold.They take turns, keep them in living condition until the waves take them away.

They do help 20 but one old dolphin kept coming back.

It died but threw out a steel cable out of her mouth. the kids start wondering, where did the cable come from? Who is behind all this? Why are the dolphins ready to die? Is something apart from sharks so dangerous that they prefer to suicide.?

The rest of the plot covers all the answers to the above questions.

The climax of this book results in,

The kids saving the day with full courage.

The kids returning a favor towards the dolphins.

The strengthening of friendship between all kids which didn’t exist prior to the trip.

& finally the dolphins.

I would like to complete this review with one quote from the book which was too overwhelming.

“The thing about dolphins is,  you always seem to smile when you look at em”

Continue Reading

Book reviewKiss the Girls by James Patterson

This was my first James Patterson book, and whoa.. what a storyline!!! Trully magnificent.
I’ve read some other books too, which I’ll review later.
Mostly, all his books portray the killers as classy, elegant, full of different fetishes and awesomely smart..!!
In this book too, there are two killers whose names are “Casanova” & “The Gentleman”
Both have their style of killing, preferences of girls etc
And the hero of this book, the super detective “Alex Cross”
His instincts help him get a pattern..
The rest of the story is just too good to be true..
if you expect a Murder mystery book, then yeah!! this is the one you must read..!!
🙂

Continue Reading