T is for Talionic which means retributive.

We have been retributive a lot lately. By that I mean like for like and hate for hate. Being a blogger, you tend to learn this term very quickly. I don’t mean this in a bad way. It’s the use of it that irritates me. There’s even a hash tag for it. (Guilty – I too have used this at some point to get more likes and followers on Instagram). But that was a long time ago and I’m way past that. I like my work and have put it up on display for the world to see. I’m ready for the appreciation and criticism. But I’m not game for the like for like deal. When I browse through blogs or some Instagram profiles I like, I follow them. It doesn’t matter if they don’t follow me as I’m a firm believer of “Good content will always attract the right audience”.

While this is just one aspect, there is something else I want to get to your attention. Like Instagram, we also follow the “like for like” and “hate for hate” in our daily lives. While you might deny it, give it a thought. Every time someone says something nice to us, we sometimes like to return that favour back to them or someone else. Change the scenario to something with hate and that escalates quickly. Yes, if someone says something bad about you, you definitely return that favour. Sometimes, the effort you put in to return that hate is more than needed but you still do it. That talionic feeling keeps increasing like lava inside a volcano waiting to erupt. It’s not wrong. Who likes listening to something bad about themselves?

But there’s one thing you can do about it. Listen and Avoid. You can listen to what they have to say. It might be harsh and offensive but only you can decide how much it should affect you. If you think closely about what has been said and think it can be true, then work on yourself and try to be a better person. If you think it’s wrong and they have judged you totally out of proportion then simply avoid it. To conclude, just remember it’s very tough to change views what people have against you. So don’t waste your time on them and use that time in getting better.

This post is part of the A to Z Challenge 2018.

You can check my posts of this series right from 2015 till date – CLICK HERE

Spread the love...
  • 4
  • 3
    7
    Shares
Continue Reading

S is for Snell which means quick, keen and sharp.

I like people who are sharp in their thoughts and words. They have a clear mindset. They don’t forget what you said a minute ago, a year ago or a decade ago. It is impossible to fake or lie your way out of an argument with them. You will be roasted. Having such people around you is fruitful in many ways. You always have a decent conversation and there is no crap.

This also brings me to another aspect. It is possible that you have a bad memory. You can rejoice as having snell people will help you remember everything. I say this with confidence as I am the one with a very bad memory. I usually do not remember birthdays, important dates, advice given, idea shared and even sometimes what has been spoken a day ago. But having such friends who always remind me makes me feel blessed.

It makes me wonder how must it feel to always know it all. It also makes me wonder if it is kind of bad to have such sharpness throughout the day. There are many who will be disappointed when they are corrected by you. There are also chances you’ll make few frenemies or enemies due to your quick reactions. But does that mean you have to stop being yourself? NO! You don’t have to change. It’s rare to have such abilities. Being like this will help you filter out the plastic people out of your life. Also, your words and advice will be heard genuinely.

In conclusion, if you happen to have such people in your life, you are lucky. Hold them close as they’re precious.

This post is part of the A to Z Challenge 2018.

You can check my posts of this series right from 2015 till date – CLICK HERE

Spread the love...
  • 3
    3
    Shares
Continue Reading

R is for Rebarbative which means repulsive.

Negativity can be felt from talking to a person. It’s not just the way they speak about a specific topic. It is about the way they talk about everything. You can feel that bad energy around. It not only affects you when you’re with them but also while you speak to others. I say this because I have dealt with a couple of characters who could be negative 24*7, 365 days of the year. No matter what you say, try or do, they cannot simply see it. Also, it’s possible they will find faults in you after a point of time making it impossible for you to help them.

What do you do of such negativity? Sometimes you don’t know yourself how much you abhor people. Your speech and body language however speak loud and clear. When your family and friends point out this difference in you, it’s natural you will get offended and might strike back at them. But I’d request you to listen. Listen closely and carefully. People who are telling you this are your close ones and they would never mess with you to pull you down. There is a possibility they are right. Your job is to analyze what they’ve said and introspect. If you don’t agree with them, take some advice from few more people. Who knows, you might get some more perspective from them.

Also, I agree that this is easier said than done. But what’s the point of not evolving with time. If you don’t change your habits, people will distance themselves from you. You shall be like a repellent. Someday, no one will come ahead to tell you about your negative behavior. You will be left alone. That sucks. Don’t reach that stage. It’s very easy to begin a relationship but very tough to maintain it.

This post is part of the A to Z Challenge 2018.

You can check my posts of this series right from 2015 till date – CLICK HERE

Spread the love...
  • 4
    4
    Shares