One of my favorite aviators Amelia Earheart once said that “Adventure is worthwhile in itself”.
It is that feeling of doing something full of thrill, not knowing what lies next which makes an adventure memorable. Working 5-6 days a week almost makes me feel like a machine that has a routine to be followed daily. It’s the “Bilbo Baggins” in me (Lord of the rings reference) a hobbit that waits for the next adventure so he can be free and create a new memory.
On one such occasion, we friends decided to go for an adventure of our own. This was how we discovered Della Adventures.
Where can we find Della Adventures?
Della Adventures is a theme park with more than 50+ thrilling activities for everyone. They are situated in Lonavla, Maharashtra. The closest way to get there is either by Road which would take you roughly 2.30 hours or else by Rail. You can opt for express trains which take less than 2 hours to reach Lonavla station. Then you can hail a private cab or rickshaw to the Adventure Park.
By Rail, an express ticket must cost you 100 rupees one way from Mumbai to Lonavla. From Lonavla station to Della Adventures, the fare ranges from 100-150 rupees.
Ticketing and Offers:
The average Day ticket along with GST would cost you 2065 per ticket. This includes free rides. If you want a Jumbo Pass which allows you to utilize all the rides available in the park.
For women, there is a flat 50% off only on Sunday.
For those who have their birthday, they get a free ticket for a Day Pass.
Rides and Attractions:
They have indoor and outdoor sports which keep you occupied all throughout the day. For those who don’t like the hot sun and outdoor sports, they can enter the sports bar that house Nintendo Wii and Xbox 360. These virtual games are as follows;
Indoor Games: (Air conditioned)
There are also games like;
- Table Tennis
- Carrom Board
- Dart Board
- Single/Double seat cycling
- Della shooting range
- Net Hard Ball cricket
- Dog walking
- Horse Riding
- Water Zorbing
- Land Zorbing
- Low Rope Challenge
- Ground challenge course
- Roller Zorb
- Vertical Rope challenge
- Artificial rock climbing
- Della Knockout
- Ball fighting
- High rope challenge
- Rocket ejector
- Flying Fox
These are the games and attractions that you can utilize in the One Day pass. I really had a good time in the indoor sports bar with all the games like Foosball and also the virtual games like Dancing, Racing etc.
When it comes to outdoor activities;
- The Vertical and High rope challenge is something you must not miss. These test your strength, stamina, fear and also the will to succeed. They really are worth the money. Be ready for some bruises on your body.
- Flying Fox is yet another easy ride where you are tied to a harness and you fly above a good height which gives you an aerial view of Della! Go for this experience and you’ll forget your fear of heights
- Rocket Ejector is another thrilling ride where you are tied with harness and then ejected upward. The after feeling is like that of pulling a rubber band and then letting go. That moment when you reach up and fall down, that makes you feel so vulnerable. It’s an amazing experience.
- The indoor games are also worth your time. You can spend the entire day playing indoors too. We liked our time inside the air conditioned environment.
Food and Drinks:
Della has quite an amazing section which houses different varieties of food and drinks. There are dhaba styled restaurants, restobars that’s serve wine and fine dine. There’s also a Thali place and also pizzas, burgers and ice creams. So in short there is something for everybody. The pricing however is between reasonable to high. Nothing is cheaper inside in terms of food and drinks.
- As much as possible go in a group as there are more opportunities and games where you all can play together.
- Please try and arrange for a vehicle and go to Della. Using public transport is fine until you leave in the evening with a tired body that just craves for rest.
- As much as possible have a good and heavy breakfast before you enter the Della gates at 11am. That would help you in feeling less hungry. No packaged food is allowed within.
- Carry a 2 liter bottle, sunglasses and Cap, a towel and sports shoes. These are basic requirements within and hence please follow them. You can purchase water bottles but they will cost you 60 rupees per bottle.
- There is a general baggage counter right at the reception where you can keep your bags. You can visit this counter and use your bag or remove stuff that you want for free. There is also a locker facility inside Della for 400 rupees that can be utilized.
- Try visiting Della when it is someone’s birthday or if there are more females in the group. This helps in saving a lot of money in ticketing. Check various offers available for students, ladies and birthday offers.