My post today for the letter “N” is dedicated to the Notre Dame church in Paris, France.

At the beginning of the “Holy Week” leading to Easter Sunday, this news surely has shaken everyone in the catholic community.

The name “Notre Dame” meaning “Our Lady” in French has been a historical and architectural ace.  It has survived different ages, wars and still continues to be one of the most visited places for prayer in the world.

There have been no casualties as per sources although few firefighters have been seriously injured.

As we begin this holy week, I pray for peace, for the well being of the church and also to give strength to all who have witnessed this moment.

In other news, I’ve heard that Francois-Henri Pinault, the chairman of Kerin has pledged 100 million euros for the restoration of the church. Some good news for the day.

There’s an image released after the fire was doused. While the source remains unclear, I loved the image. (check above)

This post is written as part of the annual A to Z Challenge where for each day of April (except Sundays) I shall write a post based on the letters part of 26 alphabets.

I have been participating in this challenge since 2015. To read more of my posts from the “A to Z Challenge” CLICK HERE

Spread the love...
  • 9
    9
    Shares
Continue Reading

Sheldon woke up as the alarm tone of a bell just kept on ringing. He just was too tired and didn’t feel positive but still had a smile on his face. He didn’t know why he was smiling.

He woke up and made breakfast without burning the bread or spilling the milk. He ironed his clothes and caught the bus on time. He never got that bus since the past month. Sheldon got to work on time and still was smiling.

Everyone in office was unexpectedly shocked but also happy to see him smile. He worked and chatted with many in office. He just didn’t realize when the clock moved to 6pm.

Sheldon left for home, still smiling and full of energy. He exercised, made dinner and caught up to that book which he always wanted to read. In a while, someone rang the bell outside. The bell rang continuously and it irked Sheldon. That’s when he woke up to the sound of his alarm with bells ringing.

Sheldon never realized how this could be a dream. But then, he smiled …again!

What just happened?

Our dreams sometimes are projections and wishes that we hope to fulfill. What you see in such a kooky dream might be a message, something unexpected or strange.

What could have been?

Maybe, you can think over your dream and decode the message yourself. If it can make you happy, then please work on fulfilling it.

This post is written as part of the annual A to Z Challenge where for each day of April (except Sundays) I shall write a post based on the letters part of 26 alphabets.

I have been participating in this challenge since 2015. To read more of my posts from the “A to Z Challenge” CLICK HERE

Spread the love...
  • 16
    16
    Shares
Continue Reading

Lent began a week ago and Chloe began dreaming about meat and alcohol. She just couldn’t think how she would survive these 40 days of fasting and waited for Easter Sunday dearly. Her sister Maze however was fasting and had let go of chocolates and alcohol for lent.

Chloe wondered how Maze could just be so normal and happy without alcohol and her favorite chocolates. She couldn’t live without them for more than 2-3 days. So Chloe asked Maze about her secret.

Maze laughed and asked Chloe a simple question, “Are you fasting with a clean heart or due to societal pressure?” Chloe had just one answer i.e. she was asked to fast as that’s what every catholic is supposed to.

Maze laughed and laughed again. Chloe visibly frustrated asked the same question to her. She looked and gave an answer which startled Chloe. She said, “Fasting with a clean heart is better than fasting just because you’re supposed to”. Why do it when you don’t mean it at all. Letting go of something that you love the most and fasting shows the true purpose in Lent.

What just happened?

Chloe wondered and then understood how Maze left chocolates and alcohol instead of the usual meat + alcohol combination that every other person avoids during lent.

What could have been?

Like Chloe, many of us become a jejunator only because we are expected to. Why do it when you don’t mean it no? If you have a strong will and wish to be a good jejunator, avoid things that you like the most.

This post is written as part of the annual A to Z Challenge where for each day of April (except Sundays) I shall write a post based on the letters part of 26 alphabets.

I have been participating in this challenge since 2015. To read more of my posts from the “A to Z Challenge” CLICK HERE

Spread the love...
  • 14
    14
    Shares