Today is Holy Saturday and it’s almost time for Easter to arrive. We Catholics believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead to a new life. Keeping this in mind, I chose the word for the day to be “Renascent” which means to get a renewed life.

My story today deals with a bully in school named Judas. He has always loved making fun of kids who can’t defend themselves. Judas is notorious for what he does and his parents are tired of complaints coming from school almost on a daily basis.

His grades are not improving, nor are his skills. He can’t have a decent conversation with anyone. Day by day he is getting worse and there is no one who can explain what it means to have friends and people that love you.

Judas on the other hand finds everything as fun. One fine day he is walking around the neighbourhood and finds a dog who is hungry and looking for food. Judas looking at such an opportunity plots something twisted.

He gets home and finds for the rat poison that they keep in the kitchen. There’s a leftover sandwich on the table too. Judas smirks and fills some poison on the sandwich. He goes ahead and feeds the dog who looks so happy. He eats the whole thing and licks Judas feet showing him his gratitude.

Judas felt different but smiled thinking of the outcome. Few moments later, a cop arrives at Judas’ house. His parents get scared thinking what did their son do now. The cop explains how someone saw Judas feed a dog something. The dog collapsed and was now being treated by a vet.

His parents were heartbroken. Their son was turning into something which they couldn’t handle. They asked the cop for help. The cop had something in mind. He took Judas along to the vet. The vet spoke to the cop;

Vet – Sir, there is nothing we can do anymore. She’ll be gone soon.

Cop – God. That’s so bad. Can we see that poor animal?

Vet – Sure, you can visit. She does have few moments of life remaining in her.

Cop – Judas, come let’s visit that dog. She’s going to die so I want you to go and tell her “Sorry”.

Judas – Seriously? I’ll tell a dog who can’t understand my language sorry? Fine. If that’s what will make me reach home quickly. Let’s do this.

Judas walks over to where the dog lay. She looks at Judas and with whatever energy she has remaining, wags her tail and tries to say something.

Judas instinctively keeps his palm near her face. She licks his hand again.

That moment changed everything for Judas. He went blank.

Judas – How can she be so happy? I just gave her poison. I hurt her. She is dying. Why?

There were so many questions and a puzzled Judas knew nothing. The cop then intervened.

Cop – Son, did you see what just happened? The dog is showing her gratitude to you because you fed her. She doesn’t know it had poison. All she remembers is that at her worst situation when she had no one and was dying of hunger, you came to her and became her angel.

Judas – But I’m the one who poisoned her. How can she be grateful.

Cop – Like you said, “She can’t understand your language. She can only understand the language of love”. You gave her love when she needed the most.  She appreciates it.

The dog then passed away in peace. Judas saw that and cried. He cried the entire day and there was nothing that his parents could do which could stop the sobbing. This is because his heart was hurting. He understood what just happened.

One day passed with him being locked up in his room. The parents gave him some time to mourn. Next day in the morning, Judas woke up, made his own bed, had his breakfast and went to school.

He did not bully anyone anymore. He studied and came back home. This went on for few days. The parents began to wonder how could their boy be so silent. They asked the same cop for help. He smiled and said, “I have just the right thing for Judas”.

The cop came home and gave a small wrapped box to Judas.

“Open it” he said.

Judas unwrapped the box to find a small puppy looking scared.

He burst in tears looking at the puppy. He looked at the cop.

Cop – I found this one who has no home and is looking for an elder brother. Would you like this little one to be yours?

Judas found new life and love that day. He held the quivering puppy, hugged it and said, “You are alright. I will take care of you. I love you”.

This post is written as part of the annual A to Z Challenge where for each day of April (except Sundays) I shall write a post based on the letters part of 26 alphabets.

I have been participating in this challenge since 2015. To read more of my posts from the “A to Z Challenge” CLICK HERE

Continue Reading

In old Latin, this word has a different meaning. Passion in olden times was also associated with suffering. That’s why we mention the crucifixion of Jesus Christ as the “Passion of Christ”.

The three days leading to this event are;

Maundy Thursday – The word maundy is derived from “mandatum” which means “commandment”. This is also considered as “Holy Thursday” and marks the last supper that Jesus Christ shares with his beloved disciples prior to one of them betraying him.

Good Friday – This is a day for mourning as the Christ was crucified. It is called as “good” Friday as the context of the word “good” here is to signify a day which is considered holy by the church. Another meaning of using the word “good” here is to show the great love of Jesus for mankind.

Holy Saturday (Easter Vigil) – This is a day for silence and reflection for Christ was buried. This is the last day in the holy week and it ends with Easter vigil service marking the rise of Christ through new life.

This post is written as part of the annual A to Z Challenge where for each day of April (except Sundays) I shall write a post based on the letters part of 26 alphabets.

I have been participating in this challenge since 2015. To read more of my posts from the “A to Z Challenge” CLICK HERE

Spread the love...
  • 6
    6
    Shares
Continue Reading

Gloria was an average Colombian female and she worked hard to make ends meet. She’d work two jobs daily so she could keep her young son Manny well fed. After working each day and night, before she could sleep, she’d wish to be a better mother.

She desired to speak better English and be able to give Manny good schooling and a good life. Her strong desire made her work hard. She took time but improved her speech. She worked harder than ever, made time for her son and also changed in the process.

She became a better version of herself and a hero to a son that looked up to her! That’s what being an optate is. It is about having a strong desire or wish. Such people would not stop at the finish line. They’ll have a strong belief and will always keep going.

This post is written as part of the annual A to Z Challenge where for each day of April (except Sundays) I shall write a post based on the letters part of 26 alphabets.

I have been participating in this challenge since 2015. To read more of my posts from the “A to Z Challenge” CLICK HERE

Spread the love...
  • 2
    2
    Shares