S is for Sangfroid – A to Z Challenge 2017

S is for Sangfroid which means coolness; composure.

So tell me, are you calm and composed? Or do you like the occasional outburst of emotions?

Firstly, I am not calm and cool. I get angry quickly and it subsides quickly too.

Probably many of you might find it surprising. But it is true.

But over the years, I’ve learned to not react instantly and do something I’d regret.

I try my best to listen and try to understand from the other person’s perspective.

Yes, it’s tough to do that. We humans are wired in such a way that we can just judge anyone on the drop of a hat.

On the other hand, being Sangfroid has it’s own benefits.

Your near and dear ones confide with you. They have someone to talk to who won’t judge them.

In conclusion, being sangfroid is what gives us inner peace. You have more time to be happy.

So I’d like to end this post by asking you guys, “Are you Sangfroid?”

That’s all for today!

So follow my A to Z journey for more such posts.

Subscribe Via Mail and be notified every-time I post something new.

Finally here are the links for my previous A to Z post for the letter S:

S is for Schadenfreude

S is for Scelestic and Soporose

9 thoughts on “S is for Sangfroid – A to Z Challenge 2017”

  1. Nice post! Isn’t it funny that in french sang froid means cold blood?
    But to answer your question, no I am not cool and chill. I often overreact and is quick to make a decision which I often later regret haha
    Thanks for sharing!

    S is for Social Media

    1. Hey Karine, I never knew that. Thanks for sharing.
      Also, join the club. I often do that too and end up with regrets. Hence trying my best to be sangfroid!

    1. Hey nick, absolutely correct. We can always try. We might fail, but someday be on the other side of it!

    1. Hey Vishal, we can always try. I know from experience when you don’t need to be angry but you end up doing it. And then the regret! 😛

  2. Interesting word..first of all. Well, I would like to believe that I am in fact cool and calm. But sometimes, you do have special people in your lives who know precisely how to push your buttons. In my case, I think its my dad. He is cool as a cucumber, but he can drive me up the wall with his rants and stories!!

    Social Stigmas are a bane for our societies.Lets not give in.

    Regards,
    Pikakshi
    Readers of the Night

    1. Hey there. Yes, in my case it’s my mother. She knows exactly how to get me worked up and then a screaming match where obviously she wins hands down!! 😛 I told her about this word.. She says she is sangfroid.. I laughed a lot then!

  3. Pingback: S is for Sushi - A to Z Challenge 2020 - Recipes in Hindi and English

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top