P is for Passion – A2Z Challenge 2019

In old Latin, this word has a different meaning. Passion in olden times was also associated with suffering. That’s why we mention the crucifixion of Jesus Christ as the “Passion of Christ”.

The three days leading to this event are;

Maundy Thursday – The word maundy is derived from “mandatum” which means “commandment”. This is also considered as “Holy Thursday” and marks the last supper that Jesus Christ shares with his beloved disciples prior to one of them betraying him.

Good Friday – This is a day for mourning as the Christ was crucified. It is called as “good” Friday as the context of the word “good” here is to signify a day which is considered holy by the church. Another meaning of using the word “good” here is to show the great love of Jesus for mankind.

Holy Saturday (Easter Vigil) – This is a day for silence and reflection for Christ was buried. This is the last day in the holy week and it ends with Easter vigil service marking the rise of Christ through new life.

This post is written as part of the annual A to Z Challenge where for each day of April (except Sundays) I shall write a post based on the letters part of 26 alphabets.

I have been participating in this challenge since 2015. To read more of my posts from the “A to Z Challenge” CLICK HERE

Spread the love...
  • 6
    6
    Shares