Time.

This 4 letter word sounds simple and has a meaning which is different to every single being on this planet. Time waits for no one. It goes on and on. There will be a beginning for us and an end, but time will be there.

Knowing all this, I’d want to gather your attention to a topic you might relate to; “Giving your time”

Giving your time can be interpreted as giving it for your work, your passion, your love, your friends, your family and sometimes yourself.

The main question being, “Are you giving enough time to everyone?”

By everyone I mean that small list of people who matter the most to you; whose existence matter to you; their opinions you value the most; whose absence will hurt like nothing else you’ve ever felt.

If you’re doing that, then boy I’m proud of you. It’s tough to manage even a small list of 5-10 people.

Many of us like me find it difficult to manage time for those we like. When we fail to do so, we get to hear lines like,

  • You don’t have time for me.
  • There’s 24 hours in a day and you have not a minute for me.
  • You found new friends.
  • Your phone is more important.
  • Your work is more important.

Firstly, It hurts. Yes, it hurts both ways. Of course you had a lot of work and couldn’t get in time for the family movie. And yes, you got so lost in reading that book that you forgot to meet your parents and take them out for dinner. Of course that on the one holiday you got for the week, you decided to sleep and rest and not meet your friends.

We often see our side of the story and fail to see the other side of the story. The only thing you need to do here is to make up for that lost time.

Simple.

Yes, you couldn’t make it in time for the movie. Make sure you make it for the next one soon.

Yes, you slept off the entire Sunday and didn’t meet your friends. Make sure you meet them soon.

Although the only thing that matters is your effort. If that effort takes long, then with time, there will be a distance between you guys. It’s tough to break that. It’s even more tough to take more effort to make it work.

For what it’s worth, don’t let it reach that stage. Take those actions soon. Many don’t have even 2-3 people around them asking about their well being. You have more. Don’t lose it.

Lastly, a special mention goes to those with parents. Give them time. Even if it’s a 1 minute call; do it everyday. You don’t know what’s in store for tomorrow. It doesn’t matter that you’re neck deep in work or too tired to move a muscle. Talk to them. It really matters to them.

Continue Reading

Do you like surprises?

Because I really do like them a lot.

And when those surprises involve chocolates and desserts, then I doubt there would be anyone who’d not like it.

So today I’m going to talk about a box full of surprises which you can gift yourself or to someone close to you.

Trick or Treats have a concept of monthly, quarterly and semi annual subscriptions where you can get your box full of such delicacies.

Here’s a glimpse of what I got from their November box:

Here’s how the box looks from the outside: Quite sturdy!

I could not hold back my excitement.

Anyway, before showing you what’s in the box, here are the contents within;

The desserts;

Also, I’d like you to try their boxes of desserts and gift them during Christmas as tis the season to be jolly.

Link – Trick or Treats

Continue Reading

Dog, Yogi, Banyan Tree!

Often, we meet so many people in life.

We go through so many situations.

There’s so much of learning and experience from those situations.

What do we do of all that?

There’s just two things to be done;

1) Keep those experiences to yourself

2) Share it with the world so they can grow.

The Author, Rajan Sankaran through his book “Dog, Yogi, Banyan Tree” has mentioned all of the stages of his life where the people/animals/trees gave him a learning and a purpose.

I believe the main purpose of life is how it’s pictured in the movie “Lucy”. It says that we have to pass on what has been learned to the next generation. Good or bad, whatever it is, sharing what was learned is considered as the most important purpose of our existence.

In the book there are 28 short stories which lays down like a map of the life of Rajan. He has mentioned how his parents left an impact on his upbringing. There’s stories about his professional career right from how the seed was sown to how the tree blossomed and he succeeded. There are stories where he has got a learning from a dog and also a cat.

In short, I too could relate a lot from reading these stories. I have met few people in my life. It is because of what I learned from them is what I am today. Like one guy who could not speak English properly was made fun of every day for almost 1 year in college. But he took it in stride. Today, it’s a bit better than what it was years back and he has grown into a good businessman. I feel proud looking at his positivity and never say never attitude. That’s what sometimes helps me take a call on a situation in front of me.

While I can write in detail about all these stories, it would not do any justice to you readers. It’s best that you read it yourself. Yes, you will definitely relate to few or most of the stories.

If you feel you need more stories and more learning, do visit www.dogyogibanyantree.com which is the page the author has setup as a community where everyone can come ahead and share their stories where they had an experience or a learning.

Continue Reading