What if God fulfilled a wish every day?

Just a random thought cropped in my mind today.

What if God has decided that randomly he shall choose a person and whatever he wishes for shall be fulfilled.

Just imagine, there are so many instances when we actually wish things go our way and they do.
What if that day God actually wanted to give you what you want.
Also, Imagine you waiting for the train or bus which is late. You wish that it arrived soon so you could go home. And God fulfilled your wish.
Does that make you happy? Yes..
But after you know God would have fulfilled anything you wished for.. Would you be happy? Doubtful..

Obviously if we’d know that the almighty would fulfill any wish, we’d definitely ask for something extravagant.

Agree?

But how many of us would decide to wish for something else like erasure of poverty, wars, debt etc? I think only a few of us would. I’d ask too for something like a never ending bank balance and travel all the time without any worry or get some super power.

Either this way or that way there are many such instances when you thought things were not going your way but it just took a u-turn and everything went your way! There’s no explanation for that sometimes, right? What if that day God decided to fulfill whatever you desired?

Just a thought.. Think about it.

Happy Sunday!

Image credit – Healthy Thoughts
Continue Reading

It’s a Wednesday morning and the view from my desk is serene.

The clouds seem like there would be no scope for the sun to shine on today.

It’s 11.15am and it looks like it’s almost 19.00pm.

There’s a lot of rain drops passing by the window pane.

I can hear the sound of the wind and the rain clashing and it’s quite scary if I may add.

Image credit – Wallpaper Safari

So when I watch those drops pass by my window at a fast pace, a random thought just passed by.

There are so many moments and situations we have to go through in life.

Some of them get through in a jiffy while some take longer than they should.

The good moments get done quickly and the sad ones stick to us longer than we want to.

Life is like a see-saw. Sometimes you’re up, sometimes you’re down.

Life is also like a never ending slide.

You’re always in motion. No stoppage in time.

So instead of ranting, dreaming and being tensed, why don’t we just sit back and enjoy the show?

Life is not boring. It can give you so many moments where you can laugh at yourself or cry!

For instances,

  1. One of my school friends has a habit of missing a train/plane/bus journey every time he visits us.
  2. You can copy an entire paper including the roll number of the person too ( been there, done that)
  3. We were stranded without a place in Manali for a few hours (actually we hadn’t booked a place either so it fits)
  4. We went to trek in shorts and the temperatures fell below 5 degrees. How sweet, ain’t it?

This is just few of the things I could mention which at the time were very serious but now when I look back, I can laugh over it.

Like they say, Life is what you make of it.

So stop being tensed… Just enjoy the show!

And while you’re at it, listen to this song by Lenka. It’s really touching!

Continue Reading

There’s a lot of hullabaloo about the GST that’s got everyone in a fit.

There are a lot of us who will be affected by it. Even a blogger will be affected by this change.

But before i explain this concept to you, let me first walk you through the concept of GST.

Goods and service tax is like one indirect tax for India.

Usually, there are many stages of how a product/item is created and then sold. There are many stages right from the manufacturer to the seller and finally to the consumer i.e. us.

There are a lot of taxes hidden in each stage due to which a product which was created for 5 rupees went through every stage and finally got sold for 20 rupees to the consumer.  That time, all those service recipients had to pay service tax too. Hence after every stage, the cost kept on increasing and in the end, we had to pay more for that product or service.

Earlier, there was no defined system of any service recipient to take credit for “credit for goods purchased and vice versa”. What happened later is that since they didn’t claim the credit, they added that amount to the cost and the product got costlier for us to buy or the service got costlier to avail.

So to let go of all these taxes, the GST has arrived.

While this is good news, there are lots of other places where we shall be affected.

There will be many products which will be dearer than before. Many services, where the taxes will increase etc.

You can read about these by clicking HERE

Impact of GST on bloggers:

As of 1st July, we bloggers will be subjected to 18% GST on annual income exceeding 20 lacs per annum.This will only be applicable to few bloggers out of many.

It’s better that those whose blogging revenue is less than 20 lacs per annum should not register for GST as the filing procedure is tedious. There is filing 3 returns every month. On an average that would mean 37 filings in a year including an additional annual return. Too much of paperwork!

Earlier, blogging services were subject only to service tax. The minimum limit for that was 10 lacs per annum. Now they will be subjected to the GST from 1st July 2017.

Not only are bloggers affected from this sudden change. The PR agencies also have their own sets of problems. Earlier they used to have a small checklist which would filter the bloggers they needed for campaigns and assignments. Now, GST will be another important factor in deciding which bloggers can get the opportunity. Why do I say so?

If the blogger is not registered for GST, then the PR would have to pay according to the reverse charge mechanism. This would just increase their costs. To offload such costs, they will pay lesser to bloggers. Our loss in the long run.

As per the corporate policies of MNC’s and other top companies, they usually register as a “Vendor” only with GST registrations. Hence there is a fear that newbie bloggers and bloggers with lesser projects on their plate may never be able to get registered with such big brands for work. That would be quite a morale downer.

Another disadvantage of the GST being applied is the fact that blogging in India is still at a developing stage and is not matured enough for such a change. The remuneration is increasing but not at a scale that can benefit all. Bloggers earning a decent amount will not be able to hire services of professionals/consultants to help them file their returns always. The simple fact is the amount we earn will be used by us to pay for the consultant’s fees. So there is no win for sure but perhaps a loss.

In conclusion, apply for GST only if you fit the bracket of earnings over 20 lacs per annum. Also, brace yourselves for pricing changes in the market for campaigns and assignments. It’s highly possible there will be a change due to the tax component kicking in a couple of days!

Picture credits: News24 and Yourstory

Continue Reading