Off The Grid, Andheri West

Location and proximity from Station:

“Off The Grid” is located opposite Infinity Mall, Andheri West. This is just 5 minutes away from the DN Nagar Metro station and also 15 minutes away from Andheri Station depending on the traffic.So you can choose either ways where to travel from.

Ambiance and seating:

“Off The Grid” has it all. There’s outdoor seating for sheesha, a space for the dance floor with loud music and also a fine dining space for those who want to enjoy their meal. They can also house any day between 75-90 people easily.

Food and Drinks (Appetizers):

Firstly, we had a set menu for us with a lot of variety in appetizers right from chicken to pork to fish. Also a lot of variety in the drinks menu. Here’s the list mentioned below;

Black Scotsman: This drink just made my day. Served as whisky + caffeine, this was served in a stainless steel flask. Yes, that’s how you have your whisky. Taste wise it’s good.

Barbados Sunset: Served in a coconut colored and shaped glass, this drink has a fruity feel to it. This is a rum based drink and is sure on the sweeter side.

Blasting Injectors: It’s kind of a thing now to customize right? And to do it to the point that we get our drinks infused in a huge syringe. These injectors make this drink look really good. Taste wise decent.

Khichiya Nachos: Probably the best vegetarian appetizer. I liked this a lot. It’s perfect for a sharing plate and you’re bound to fight for it.

Tawa Fish: Too crispy and tasty. Probably there was less fish and more of crispness here. Not an issue with me as taste-wise it felt too good.

Spicy Jamaican Lamb Burger: Yes, they got it right. A Lamb burger usually does justice when the patty is made well and is juicy in the end. Also there should be no issues with eating it and chewing it too. It’s good.

OTG Tandoori Non Veg Platter: A platter like this ought to be ordered whenever there is a crowd of 3 and above. With a spread of chicken and seekh kebabs with green chutney and onions spiced, this can never go wrong. There’s a tasty, mildly spicy mix of kebabs here.

Murgh Kali Mirch Kukkad: One of the best dishes of the night. It had all the masala and the flavor for you to crave for more of it. More on the spicy side so order likewise.

Also, here are few more pictures for appetizers from “Off The Grid”.

Chicken Calzone – Fillings inside

Main Course:

Beer Bacon Risotto: The risotto here was amazing. The quantity of bacon too was very generous. Although the beer quotient overpowered the taste of the bacon, I still couldn’t get enough of it.

Steamed fish with soya ginger broth: Clearly the winner in this category. The steamed fish was made well and had a distinct taste. This went well with the rice and veggies served.

Chicken chettinad: This chicken gravy did a bit of justice as chettinad usually refers to more spice in the entire gravy. I could digest this one easily and maybe this can be made better next time.

King prawns ginger lemongrass: Firstly, I’m not a fan of prawns in general but the people around me enjoyed it a lot and I thought why not try it at least. Not a bad choice. It’s good.

Desserts:

3 Way baked yogurt: There are 3 layers to this baked yogurt. Commendable effort by the chef to get these 3 layers to be intact and with taste.

OTG Sunday Extravaganza: Really this one has a lot of taste, flavor and must remind you of a gadbad or a falooda with ice cream. But this Sunday extravaganza is more than that. Do try it out.

Conclusion:

Finally, “Off The Grid” does leave it’s mark on the audience. I only wish them to work on their cocktails right from the alcohol content to the ingredients also. Sometimes it’s an off day and it’s understandable but if the drinks are not good, then it kind of ruins the day.

Also, with the variety they’ve offered, there will be a crowd here always and they’re here to stay for a long time.

Off The Grid Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Continue Reading

Where’s My Food, Juhu:

Location and proximity from Station:

It’s hard to miss this one. It’s near the JVPD bus station and around PVR Juhu or ISKCON. Although from station it’s a good 10-15 minutes away courtesy the never ending traffic.

Ambiance and seating:

Where’s my food is a tiny place with seating for only 12-15 people at max. They’ve kept it simple with a TV on both sides for people sitting to enjoy their time there. No need to turn your head to watch a match/video etc.

Food and Drinks (Appetizers):

Firstly, they have a good variety in their menu. I must say for a place like this, they’ve outdone themselves. These are few of the categories they serve:

Chinese

Pizza/Pastas

Sandwiches/Burgers/Burritos

Tandoor

Continental

It’s not surprising to see more surge in home delivery orders here.

Here’s what we tried on our visit:

Country Limeade: Lime and mint go hand in hand. So does this drink. My dad wasn’t that well so we decided to skip the cold version of it. And surprisingly the taste was still amazing. I wonder how would the cold one be. Must be better!

Kit Kat Shake: A thick shake with everything sweet and tasty. I liked it. I only wish they added 1 or 2 pieces of kit kat just for the feel. Who wouldn’t like the chocolate anyway on the side?

Bang Bang Shrimp with Fries: French fries with tiny bit of shrimp pieces spread well on a platter with 2 in house dips i.e. mayonnaise and sweet chilly. This was well made and I did not feel bad at all. Do try this out. If not the shrimp then at least the fries!

Peri Peri Chicken: These chicken skewers are decent and good for those who like skewers in general. There are 5 sticks in a plate.

Main Course:

Also, for the main course we tried options:

Grilled chicken with Black pepper: I have a thing for black pepper with chicken. It’s my go-to dish always wherever I visit. Here was no exception either. This dish comes with options of noodles/rice/mashed potatoes and an in house dip. I opted for the mashed potatoes option. It’s an amazing choice. The chicken is grilled well and the mashed potatoes go well with the veggies. The veggies are a very good addition with this dish. The quantity is enough for one person to be stuffed.

Lemon Herb Basa: Like black pepper chicken, Basa is my go-to dish in the fishy department. I always make it a point to try it out.This dish comes with options of noodles/rice/mashed potatoes and an in house dip. The fish is well made, there’s a bit of lemon based gravy, mashed potatoes and veggies to go along with. Do try this if you like fish.

Desserts:

Finally, after all these options, we took the bold step and ordered a desert much to the annoyance of our tummies.

Banana Split: This one’s a classic. Banana slices with ice cream, gems and kit kat chocolate pieces. Yes, this is the best they can offer and recommended totally by me.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, this place is too small but they have a lot of options. The food is good and the staff is courteous. The place can bank on their menu variety to get more home delivery options. I do hope that in the near future they do plan on shifting someplace nearby in Juhu but with more space. People would definitely love it.

Where's My Food? Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Continue Reading