O is for Optate – A to Z Challenge 2019

Gloria was an average Colombian female and she worked hard to make ends meet. She’d work two jobs daily so she could keep her young son Manny well fed. After working each day and night, before she could sleep, she’d wish to be a better mother.

She desired (Optate) to speak better English and be able to give Manny good schooling and a good life.

Her strong desire made her work hard. Gloria took the time but improved her speech. She worked harder than ever, made time for her son and also changed in the process.

In the end, she became a better version of herself and a hero to a son that looked up to her! That’s what being an optate is. It is about having a strong desire or wish.

Such people would not stop at the finish line. They’ll have a strong belief and will always keep going.

I took my inspiration from the character played by Sofia Vergara and Rico Rodriguez where they portray the roles of a Mother and son! Most of what I have written here is displayed in the series “Modern Family”.

This post is written as part of the annual A to Z Challenge where for each day of April (except Sundays) I shall write a post based on the part of the letters of 26 alphabets.

I have been participating in this challenge since 2015. To read more of my posts from the “A to Z Challenge” CLICK HERE

You can follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

1 thought on “O is for Optate – A to Z Challenge 2019”

  1. Pingback: O is for Oats - A to Z Challenge 2020 - Top Indian Recipes using Oats

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top