Trek to Harishchandragad – Part 3

For all those who have not checked out my previous posts form the Trek to Harishchandragad Fort trilogy, here are the links;

Trek to Harishchandragad Fort – Part 1

Trek to Harishchandragad Fort – Part 2

Firstly I’d like to apologize to all those who read the first two parts. I know I kept y’all waiting. A LOT! But here it is, the last part.. full of surprises.

After a painstaking climb and snoring at night, we woke up fresh for our last visit to the Konkan Kada point. It was just a 25-30 minutes climb to the point. We walked and then finally reached the place which everyone spoke about so much. It was the far end of the mountain. Since we reached there around 10 am, there was sunlight as usual. But the weather was pleasant and less humid. Also, at the far end of the mountain, you couldnโ€™t see anything ahead or below, just a mixture of fog and clouds.

wpid-wp-1446975964935.jpeg
I dare you to take a leap of faith and jump.!!
wpid-wp-1446975964932.jpeg
That’s Yvonne with her favorite background.

Now itโ€™s time for the highlight. Itโ€™s said that if you lay down to the very end of the mountain and look downwards, you can see clouds and a reflection of a circular rainbow. Now, whatโ€™s peculiar about this? What if I told you that you can also see your shadow inside that circular rainbow?

Yes.
Iโ€™m not kidding. Itโ€™s the ultimate truth. You can indeed see your shadow. I even waved and got a response. Unfortunately, I could not capture that phenomenon, but another friend managed to get me a snap of someone who did.

Hereโ€™s the image.

Rainbow view from top point of Harishchandragad Fort

This is also called as Indra vajra i.e. the 360 degree rainbow. It is a sight best seen during the monsoon! And I must say it is one of the top unique selling points of going for this trek.

Finally, after watching that rainbow and myself I was content. We walked back to our tent, packed our stuff, and walked back to the base village of Konkan Kada.
There was this tree which was exactly half-submerged in the middle of the lake. The entire sight was a treat to anyone who witnessed it. I did not capture that sight but I am glad to have seen it.

Post that, we walked and it took us a couple of hours till we were on our way to the bus stop near Malshej Ghat. Upon waiting for the bus, I stumbled across a view so pleasant, I just had to capture.

View near Malshej Ghat and Konkan Kada village

All in all, I was content with this travel experience. Yes, I did not expect so much of madness in this amazing travel journey, but it was perfect. Here’s one group picture which we managed to click just on the endpoint of the trek to Harishchandragad Fort.

Group Trek to Harishchandragad from Maharashtra
Here’s the star cast from left to right: Aaron, Yvonne, Lance & Errol

I heard this line somewhere which I feel is indeed true; โ€œTravelling sets you freeโ€. So tell me, people, Did you enjoy my 3 posts on the Trek to Harishchandragad fort? Also, you can let me know which trip you took recently that you enjoyed the most? Share it with me. Iโ€™d like to hear about it.

You can also read – The latest BS6 Royal Enfield Himalayan Motorcycle in India

13 thoughts on “Trek to Harishchandragad – Part 3”

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top