E is for Eisegesis – AtoZ Challenge 2017

E is for Eisegesis which means faulty interpretation or explanation of text.

So.. Has it ever happened that you read or interpreted a text or someone’s words in a different manner?

As a matter of fact, does it usually happen that you perceive negative thoughts in such situations?

In my opinion, this would be very bad not only for you but also for the relationships you’re handling.

Incidentally, we like hearing good things.

But if we hear something that’s not good, then some of us snap! That’s Eisegesis.

Of course the person never meant any ill-well but we have already imagined the bad things they have indirectly spoken to us.

There lies the problem. Sometimes it’s best to hear the person out and ask them why they feel that.

Finally, that’s what will give you closure.

For Instance – Someone tells you that you don’t speak or write English well. Instead of snapping by telling them something back harsh, ask them the basis of why they feel that way.

Maybe you’ll get few answers that’ll help you get better!

Agree?

That’s all for today!

Do follow my AtoZ journey for more such posts.

Subscribe Via Mail and be notified every-time I post something new.

Here’s the links for my previous AtoZ posts for the letter E:

E is for Elocation

E is for Eleutheromania and Expiate

8 thoughts on “E is for Eisegesis – AtoZ Challenge 2017”

Leave a Reply