D is for Desultory – A to Z Challenge 2018

D is for Desultory which means lacking purpose or enthusiasm.

What is life without a purpose? Before you get too serious, let me pitch in by saying think on this aspect with regards to your current situation. When you wake up in the morning, what’s the purpose that keeps you going through life’s troubles all day? It can be money, passion, situations etc.

But there’s also a moment when that purpose just vanishes in thin air. Just gone, poof! Maybe we all have gone through that at one or more stages in this lifetime.I have gone through that a lot of times already but I choose to highlight two of those moments with you today. Both of them are from the time I was in search of a job.

I had sleepless nights with thoughts, plans, hate and doubt filled inside of me the first time. Sometimes I questioned if I’m fit enough. On other nights I’d dream of getting a good job soon and finally not be judged by everyone’s preying eyes. I did however not waste time on my hands. Firstly, learnt to swim. Secondly, I was overweight and lost 12 kilos in a span of 4-5 months and was in the best shape of my life. Also, I kept writing and believe it or not, there was money coming in form of sponsored posts, contests etc.

I did survive that stage. So will you. All you need to do is to eliminate desultory. Learn something whether it is to cook, drive, a new skill, language etc. It’s the purpose of learning that should never diminish within you. If that purpose is dead, you’ll always have this emptiness that’ll eat you up every night. Doing something is better than nothing. Do it with clear intent and you’ll never be the same person ever. You’ll be better.

This post is part of the A to Z Challenge 2018.

You can check my posts of this series right from 2015 till date – CLICK HERE

3 thoughts on “D is for Desultory – A to Z Challenge 2018”

  1. Pingback: D is for Doughnut - A to Z Challenge 2020 - Lance Quadras

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top