C is for Conditions – A to Z Challenge 2019

Conditions Apply*

Valentine raised Jace to be a winner. He was so proud of his son who would always excel in everything whether it is athletics, academics and even music. There was nothing Jace could not win in. For him, it was important as Valentine was an excellent student himself. Coming first was the only option. Nothing else was deemed as acceptable.

On one such occasion, Jace stood second in his class. He thought his Father Valentine would only be a little upset. But the effect was catastrophic. Valentine stopped talking to his son. He wouldn’t look or talk to him.

This affected Jace a lot. He understood that to gain his father’s affection again, he must stand first again. He studied all day and night. Rarely slept. This began affecting his health. But he ignored it. It reached till a point that he passed out after few days and had to be admitted.

Valentine then realized how his actions affected his little child.

What just happened?

As a parent, Valentine indirectly put so much pressure on his child, that he crumbled.

What could have been?

Parents need to understand that a child doesn’t realize what mental pressure can do. But you do know. Keeping conditions like Valentine will affect your child in a wrong way. They need unconditional love and not the love that comes with an asterisk mark!

This post is written as part of the annual A to Z Challenge where for each day of April (except Sundays) I shall write a post based on the letters part of 26 alphabets.

I have been participating in this challenge since 2015. To read more of my posts from the “A to Z Challenge” CLICK HERE

7 thoughts on “C is for Conditions – A to Z Challenge 2019”

    1. Hey Puspanjalee, I’m glad your parents gave you that kind of an environment to grow and now you’re doing the same thing. It’s awesome. Kudos to you.

  1. Pingback: C is for Cheesecake - A to Z Challenge 2020 - Lance Quadras

What do you think about this article?

Scroll to Top