BEING 27 gives me perspective about Life in a term I’d define as “Haseen Dard“!
For those who don’t know about me, I’m Lancelot Quadras. 27. An MBA in Finance. I worked for 3 years in the accounts team. I left that job for a fresh start in something I like i.e. Content writing. I sleep well nowadays without worrying. I have few friends whom I care for and more than half of them are convinced I’m going to hell. Yes, the irony there is alarming. I like to read, write, watch tv shows, try new cuisines and a believer in the little moments that give meaning to life.
So why do I write about this “Haseen Dard” today?
It’s been 1 month since I’ve been either reading stories online on mental health, tension, depression, anxiety, stress, suicide a lot. The concept of “mental health” has been on the rise recently. Recently, on day 3 of the Mother Mary Novena, I heard the priest who in his sermon again mentioned about the stress level which impacts our fragile mind and body very badly. His story about a youth who crumbles under pressure brought me to realize one thing; Tension is everywhere. There is no specific date or time. But if there was, I would term the age group of 25-30 as the highest.
Here, we are;
- Working towards increasing our salary
- Looking for better career options side by side
- Not being able to give time to things we like, family and friends
- Regretting that we are missing out on so much.
- Losing friends quickly.
- Losing interest in things we like because we have no time.
- Planning for the future as our parents cannot work forever.
- Planning for a new house before getting married.
- Oh yes, finding a suitable partner.
- Probably finding love too!
These are just the first 10 thoughts that popped on my mind. I respect those who prioritize well and manage a balance between their work life and personal life. I try my best to give time to the people I care for. But there are just 24 hours in a day and sometimes I really become selfish and slump on the couch and rest. It’s a guilty pleasure but I also believe in “Me Time”.
What did I learn during this period?
- There is no time for waiting. If there’s an opportunity, then take a decision. It’s either a yes or a no. Don’t just let it pass so that you can regret it for the rest of your life.
- Not even google can help you when you type “how to be happy”. Only you can. The only behavior you can control is your own. Prioritize your relationships, give time to those you care about and lastly…Love yourself.
- Stop looking at love quotes and dreaming about him/her. Don’t just use the love calculator and blush all day. No one has time. If you really like someone, grow some courage, walk up to them and let them know what you feel. Trust me, there is no worse regret than the ones where we didn’t speak our heart out.
So far, this is what I’ve learnt and I know there’s a lot more left to learn. Until then, please do comment on what was the stage where you were just too tensed and how did you come out of it unscathed!
I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter. Do follow the hashtag #WritingsByLancelot and #ReadWithLancelot to be part of my journey.