What to expect this season:

The series continues from where the movie left off. Boss Baby now manages to be a boss at Baby corp working and also is a baby at the Templeton’s. This series now shifts to the daily life of Boss Baby where he tries to ensure that baby love in the neighbourhood is always on top. But he finds his nemesis in Bootsy Calico, a human raised by cats. His intentions are clear; Bring cat love with such a force that everyone begins to hate babies and adopt cats instead. The whole season is built on this war. Boss Baby has 2 field agents; Staci and Jimbo. Along with them and his brother Tim Templeton they find a worthy opponent in Bootsy Calico.

What I liked in the show:

It’s Simplicity. This show did not attempt anything superficial. The jokes were simple and so was the story. Nothing felt superhuman. They have successfully shown a baby pulling off certain tricks without making it look like it’s impossible to pull it off.

The storyline is well crafted. They managed to make a season which did not seem stretched out or which got over very quickly. It felt right and every episode was effective.

They maintained the same cast and made few new additions. This ensured that the connectivity with the audience is not lost.

What I didn’t like in the show:

In all honesty, I couldn’t find anything which I didn’t like in the show. It felt right. Maybe they could have added another partner who was aiming to be the new Boss Baby. The competition level would mean there would be hilarious results in each episode.

Where can you find it?

You can watch this show on Netflix. All the episodes of the first season are available there.

Conclusion:

This is a feel good show which you can stream and enjoy. It brought a smile on my face and I’m sure it will bring a smile on your face too. Do watch this!

Spread the love...
  • 1
    1
    Share
Continue Reading

Since the beginning of July, the show “Sacred Games” has been hovering around every Mumbaikar in the form of;

  1. Billboards
  2. Metros
  3. Ads on TV, Radio etc
  4. And of course friends tagging on Facebook as “Now Watching”

These all factors and a good marketing campaign made sure that everyone knows that Netflix India is here to stay. But did this story live up to the hype?

*Here be spoilers

Sacred games had it all; Drama, Gang wars, Politics, Religion, Love and Lust, Sex and mystery. The show is based during the 1980’s in Mumbai showcasing the rise of an ordinary man who turns into a most wanted criminal. There are 2 time loops running simultaneously in the show;

  1. Where the show is set in the 80’s and 90’s and shows how Ganesh Gaitonde (Nawazuddin Siddiqui) ran the show in Mumbai.
  2. Current day in 2018 as Inspector Saratj Singh (Saif Ali Khan) finds clues to the warning Gaitonde gave him about “Mumbai having just 25 days before something big will wipe it out”.

What I liked about the show:

The story was fast paced. Yes, not as fast as the latest season of Game of Thrones, but fast enough for an audience like India. Audience was gripped all throughout the episodes hoping for a good ending and not expecting any of the leads to die or lose a finger! That is something that we are not used to and hence for a change, it felt good.

The names of the episodes were all based on mythology and had different meanings to it. The way they showcased both the time lines made sense to each outcome of each event in the show.

The acting by almost every lead and also the supporting roles like those played by Kubra Sait ( Kuckoo), Jitendra Joshi (Katekar), Neeraj Kabi (Parulkar) and Jatin Sarna (Bunty) were one notch higher than expected. The climax leading to the next season too was jaw dropping. The dialogues too were differently showcased and I was amazed.

The first dialogue of the series too began like “Bhagwan ko l**d farak padhta hai”. If this was a disclaimer, then it fit the show very well. The soundtrack “Jungli Sher” by Divine is fitting to this show.

What I didn’t like about the show:

In all honesty, apart from a mistake in one scene, I did not find anything bad in general. The scene in question was when a lead dies of a head shot, a police inspector checks the pulse if the person is still breathing. That did not make sense to me.

Also, I wished there were more episodes. Maybe 2 more at least, but it does make sense to end it early rather than pull it as much as we do in our usual TV soaps.

Conclusion:

For whatever it’s worth, this story does justice, the actors have done justice to their roles and I’ll be waiting for the next season of Sacred Games.

Spread the love...
  • 5
    5
    Shares
Continue Reading

5 Sentences i dedicate to my blog, which will include the only reason in any event of this lifetime, shall i stop blogging.
Times will change.
Priorities will increase and I will get busier than ever.
I may not give you the same attention like I do now.
Thus I make you a vow for a lifetime (like they do in marriages).
“Till Death Do Us Part”
This post is a part of the 365 days of writing by WordPress Editors.
July 12: Singular sensation
If one experience or life change results from you writing your blog, what would you like it to be?

This post is also part of Day 13 of The Ultimate Blog Challenge

ultimateblogchallenge

Continue Reading