I’ve been watching this amazing show called “Sense8” available on Netflix. Everyone who knows me understands the snail’s pace I take usually to complete a season of any show. It takes me months. But here, I got done within 2 weeks! The entire concept made me go bonkers and hence I have compiled a list of 8 reasons why you must not at all miss this show. Please read them and definitely add this in your list of shows to watch before you die.
- Concept: How would you feel when you realize you are connected to 7 people and they are to you. The show’s main storyline dwells on 8 different individuals who are a new breed of humans who are connected to each other and can feel, speak, think what the other person is going through.
- Diversity in Casting: They have ensured to bring in the authenticity here by bringing 8 people of different nationalities. Means you will find 8 different countries, different cultures, different emotions and languages being used here.
- Exploring different individuals: I like the way they have added so much of genuineness in their story. You will find people who are straight, a homosexual and a transgender here. That’s how real as a story can get, right?
- Surprising elements: The 8 are connected in such a fashion that they can use each other’s skills and language too. Don’t be surprised if you find a German talk in Hindi or an Icelander talk in Korean!
- Storyline: The storyline in Season 1 is more of a grasping material for all of us as we try to understand if this concept is true and that if we can feel what another person is feeling thousands of miles away. It is fast paced, it will make you think and you are bound to love them all.
- Emotional connect: Finding someone to talk to when you are sad is very important. Many don’t get to do that and either slip into a dark place or even worse. Here, when someone feels sad or needs help, the others can come to their aid. Wouldn’t that be amazing if we got that opportunity too?
- Direction: It is a task, trust me when me as a viewer finds it difficult to place who is talking in one scene. I can hardly imagine how they directed each sequence showing different characters performing a single task in the same way! A grand salute for them for their good work.
- Breaking stereotypes: Did you know that when I say they all can feel each other’s pain, I really meant it. A man can feel the pain when one of the females has menstrual cramp pain. If one of them gets pregnant, a man would immediately feel everything, right from the joy, pain and irritation! It is indeed different and not something that I’ve seen in many shows.
Here are my 8 reasons to watch this show. Don’t worry. There are no spoilers as such which will ruin your series watching experience. It’s something that I really want people to watch and hence please do check this out.
I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter. Do follow the hashtag #WritingsByLancelot and #ReadWithLancelot to be part of my journey.
Yesterday India celebrated its 72nd Independence day. The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi unfurled the national flag at Red Fort and addressed the country for the fifth and last time this tenure. He mentioned about how his initiatives on Clean India, Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna, Mudra Loans and GST have been successful in moving India forward. Keeping this in mind, his government now has shifted its focus on “Health For All”.
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Abhiyan (Ayushman Bharat) is a new large scale health insurance initiative which aims to benefit many rural citizens of India. This scheme will be launched on September 25th, 2018 which also happens to be the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay. With this scheme, coverage of 5 lakhs will be provided per family annually which benefits many of the poor Indians in the rural and semi urban areas. According to the latest Socio-economic caste census data, there are around 50 crore people who will benefit from this scheme.
Why is this scheme needed?
Our PM rightly mentions that in poor families, when someone falls sick, it hurts the balance of the entire family’s income and savings. Hence this scheme will aim on such families and reduce their burden as much as possible.
What is covered?
According to a study by the Public Health Foundation of India in May 2018, Indians pay more than three fourths of the total healthcare costs all by themselves. Due to this, many are pushed below the poverty line. Hence more than 1000+ medical and surgical packages which fall under 25 specialties are covered.
These specialties include chemotherapy, neurosurgery, cardiology and many more. Out of the few benefits, fees such as consultation fees, medicines, diagnostic tests, food for patients, basic hospitalization expenses will be covered. This scheme will be implemented by a joint effort of central, state and district level.
Who has signed up for this?
For the first stage, Manipur, Himachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Andhra Pradesh, Haryana, Daman and Diu, West Bengal, Chattisgarh, Uttarakhand and Chandigarh. This program will be tested on these states and union territories. Slowly, the whole of India shall be covered. If a state wishes to opt out of this, they can do so. Currently only Odisha has opted out of this scheme.
Overall, this scheme which is also referred to as “Modicare” does look promising and if executed well can shape healthcare in India. With access to such quality healthcare, the country will now be able to work on its way of progress.