The one with the Longest Pending Meeting

The One With The Longest Pending Meeting

Longest Pending meeting is one of the most epic Friendship stories ever!

Overall:

I like my life.

I’ve seen a fair share of moments; both good and small.

I enjoy the little moments and little things that people do for me.

It gives me joy and happiness knowing that somewhere, I’m loved.

2018 (January to August):

But that’s not how this year began for me in 2018.

2018 began with a bang for me when I left my job in the field of finance after 3 long years for good. Content writing was my calling and I was going to pursue it. (Copy that!)

Then after 1 month of being jobless, I got the luxury of going for a family trip abroad with my parents. That was one priceless month.

Post the trip there were 3 months of joblessness with my parents worried for me, friends looking to endorse and suggest my name for interviews.

Getting a good night’s sleep was not at all available. I still went through that sleepless and tension phase which never let me sleep in peace.

At the end of May, I got my first break in content writing. Ever since then I’ve been happy. I keep writing, go home on time and smile more often for the past 3 months.

September:

September began too with a bang!

One of my oldest school friends surprised us by flying down from the USA for his brother’s engagement.

I was the first one to know and one by one, everyone was given a separate surprise. This was the first time in 2.5 years that we all were together in one city.

This image was clicked during the engagement party and I must tell you that the moment here is priceless and I’m going to cherish it for a very long time!

Longest pending meeting between friends

With this, I request you to share a moment in this year which was the best so far post the longest pending meeting.

Let’s share the happiness with all!

I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter. Do follow the hashtag #WritingsByLancelot and #ReadWithLancelot to be part of my journey.

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

Here are my past posts for the A to Z Challenge

Don't Do It

Just Because you Can…. Don’t Do It!

Don’t do it! An ode to a dream that opened my eyes!

On this Sunday morning, I woke up to a dream where I did something which was surprising. I don’t remember the backdrop or even the people in it. All I remember is fighting with one of my friends. There are some people in the background whose faces I fail to recollect now.

We are arguing over something very petty but things get heated. While fighting he reminds me of something bad I did earlier. That hurts! I too can do the same and dig up some dirt of his past and put it up on display in front of everyone. But I don’t.

Why did I not do that?

This is the thought I woke up to. There are so many ways I could have humiliated him. There were so many things I could have told to make him shut his mouth and sulk in one corner. There was a lot I could do. But I didn’t. There is just one answer to it. The answer is “I chose to look at the argument more than my anger“.

Yes, my near and dear ones know that I get angry very quickly. The slightest hint of conflict makes me uncomfortable. I don’t think positively and things don’t go right. But recently I’ve begun doing a simple task… “Listening”. I realized that if I don’t do it, then it’s time to listen.

Yes, please try this. 95% of your conflicts and anger issues and even over thinking ends the minute you begin to listen. There are so many moments where just because I waited patiently and listened, everything fell into place without any negativity.

What is this “Listening”?

The listening here is to understand the situation and then find the solution. You don’t have to find something hurtful to say back always. Just because you know you can;

  • Win the argument
  • You have the gun
  • You have the ace in the pack

That doesn’t mean you need to use it. Don’t do it! Sometimes being silent and thinking calmly can avoid a catastrophe. Now mind you, I’m not talking about every situation. The situation here is about a normal or petty argument that elevates to a heated argument. Usually, it can end well when at least one party thinks calmly. If not, then just because of a petty argument turning wild, relationships crack, friendships break and you become a wreck on a wreck.

There are a few people I adore in my life during my college years. When in an argument I spoke some hurtful things, they kept silent until I was done barking. Once I turned silent, they’d explain themselves. It made sense to me and I’d apologize to them. Then I would feel shitty about how I treated them.

In some ways, I have tried to be a better person since them and always think about the other person and their situation before drawing a conclusion. It’s a work in progress but I’m sure to be a better person someday!

I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter. Do follow the hashtag #WritingsByLancelot and #ReadWithLancelot to be part of my journey.

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram

Here are my past posts for the A to Z Challenge

Coronavirus lockdown - Finding balance in these tough times

25 to 30 – The Age of Never Ending Tension or “Woh Haseen Dard” in Coronavirus

BEING 29 gives me perspective about Life in a term I’d define as “Haseen Dard“!

Especially when Coronavirus has wreaked havoc and has now caused all of us to be locked-down in our very own houses!

For those who don’t know about me, I’m Lancelot Quadras. 29. An MBA in Finance. I worked for 3 years in the accounts team. I left that job for a fresh start in something I like i.e. Content writing.  I sleep well nowadays without worrying. I have a few friends whom I care for and more than half of them are convinced I’m going to hell. Yes, the irony there is alarming. I like to read, write, watch tv shows, try new cuisines, and a believer in the little moments that give meaning to life.

So why do I write about this Coronavirus styled “Haseen Dard” today?

It’s been 1 month since I’ve been either reading stories online on mental health, tension, depression, anxiety, stress, a suicide a lot. The concept of “mental health” has been on the rise recently. Recently, on day 3 of the Mother Mary Novena, I heard the priest who in his sermon again mentioned the stress level which impacts our fragile mind and body very badly. It’s like our mind keeps screaming “Wo Haseen Dard De Do”.

His story about a youth who crumbles under pressure brought me to realize one thing; Tension is everywhere. There is no specific date or time. But if there was, I would term the age group of 25-30 as the highest.

Here, we are;

  1. Working towards increasing our salary
  2. Looking for better career options side by side
  3. Not being able to give time to things we like, family and friends
  4. Regretting that we are missing out on so much.
  5. Losing friends quickly.
  6. Losing interest in things we like because we have no time.
  7. Planning for the future as our parents cannot work forever.
  8. Planning for a new house before getting married.
  9. Oh yes, finding a suitable partner.
  10. Probably finding love too!

These are just the first 10 thoughts that popped on my mind. I respect those who prioritize well and manage a balance between their work life and personal life. I try my best to give time to the people I care for. But there are just 24 hours in a day and sometimes I really become selfish and slump on the couch and rest. It’s a guilty pleasure but I also believe in “Me Time”. It’s like I’m screaming “Woh Haseen Dard De Do”.

Funnily there’s a song too titled ‘Woh Haseen Dard De Do’ lyrics that speak so much about the pain we inflict on ourselves.

What did I learn during this Coronavirus Lockdown period?

  1. There is no time for waiting. If there’s an opportunity, then make a decision. It’s either a yes or a no. Don’t just let it pass so that you can regret it for the rest of your life.
  2. Not even google can help you when you type “how to be happy”. Only you can. The only behavior you can control is your own. Prioritize your relationships, give time to those you care about, and lastly…Love yourself.
  3. Stop looking at love quotes and dreaming about him/her. Don’t just use the love calculator and blush all day. No one has time. If you really like someone, grow some courage, walk up to them and let them know what you feel. Trust me, there is no worse regret than the ones where we didn’t speak our hearts out.

So far, this is what I’ve learned during the Coronavirus lockdown and I know there’s a lot more left to learn. Until then, please do comment on what was the stage where you were just too tensed and how did you come out of it unscathed!

I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter. Do follow the hashtag #WritingsByLancelot and #ReadWithLancelot to be part of my journey.

Here are my past posts from the A to Z Challenge.

Follow my food journey on Zomato and Instagram