D is for Dipsomania which means an abnormal craving for alcohol.

(Yes, now I know a word which can define craving for alcohol!!)

Image credit – mom.girlstalkinsmack.com

Dipsomania doesn’t just mean craving for alcohol. It technically means craving for any type of liquid.

So if I had to ask you what liquid do you crave for the most, what would your answer be?

Please don’t say water! That’s basic. Let’s hear something else that you crave for.

Here’s what i crave for – TEA

Yes.. I need at least 3 or more doses of it every day.
Image credit – lessfury.deviantart.com

Now it’s your turn to answer.
What liquid craving do you have?
Do comment below.
Let’s hear some answers.
Have a nice day people!
For more Info on Dipsomania, CLICK HERE
For more posts from this week’s ABCW theme, CLICK HERE
Continue Reading

C is for Cacoepy which means poor or wrong pronunciation.

Yes, this is indeed a very funny topic to talk about.

How many times have you heard someone pronounce something vague, maybe weirdly or in a

fashion that you cannot impersonate? I’m sure all of us will have such stories about instances

where there’s been a blunder done by someone or the other.

Image credit – Youtube

I can recall hundreds of such instances, my name being on top of the list. During the 24 glorious

years since my birth my name has been pronounced in so many different ways that my parents

will feel disheartened naming me Lancelot.

Living in India, a few names children have especially the ones Catholics in general have are

pronounced in the most unusual fashion like no one else could. I know the names we have and

we intend to keep are sometimes not what the crowd in India or for that matter any part of the

world is used to listening to. Thus they call out whatever they seem fit. If it sounds proper, then

it’s okay. Or else, it hurts. It hurts badly when you’re name is pronounced differently. It feels like

a sting.

Not only names, a few places and some other things too when pronounced in a different fashion

can make you roll on the floor laughing your ass out till you die!

I’ve never come across such a word and am glad to have found it. Thus I’ve shared it with you

guys.

Are there such instances which you can remember?
Why don’t you share it below in the comments section.
I’ll be looking forward to it.

For more posts from this theme, CLICK HERE.

Continue Reading

B is for Baryphonic which means having difficulty whilst speaking.

Image credit – getridofnaturally.com

There are 2 ways of using this word.

One would be for people who find it difficult to speak properly; the hindrance being

stammering etc.

The other would be when there are other factors that make it tough for a person to speak

with ease.

Image credit – heartandstroke.ns.ca

I’d like to focus my attention on the latter.

We all know that a person who speaks with ease is most likely a person who has confidence

in what he or she says. On the other hand there are people who stutter, who do “Ummm…

maybe… hmmm” and that’s where they get perceived as people who aren’t confident

enough to speak. It also looks like they’re making up a story to hide the truth.

Isn’t it possible that they’re just too scared sometimes of the audience? Maybe in a suitable

environment with lesser audience or in writing, they’d pass on the message quite clearly. But

when it would be needed at the very moment, they most likely fail to deliver.

Image credit – huffmanspeech.com

So is this their fault? Or just sheer confidence issues? Or maybe who knows… no reason?

This is something that has got my attention. I know a few friends of mine who are bright and

smart. They can do a lot of things. But when it comes to put those actions to words, they just

don’t live up to the mark. This doesn’t mean that they have failed as individuals. They are

successful, they are growing. But I know that maybe, just a slight maybe that if they could

speak with ease, with a free mind & with oodles of confidence, they’d be even better at what

they’re doing. That’s my belief.

So I would like to leave this thought to you with 2 questions.

1) Do you agree with my view?

2) Do you think that the person realizes that not speaking with ease is affecting his/her

growth? What do you think they can do about this?

I’ll be glad if you’ll can answer these 2 questions above for me.