A is for Aboulia and Abscission

image

I’m so happy to begin this year’s A-Z challenge.
This challenge has given me a lot of exposure and learning in this huge world of blogging.
So a big thank you to this challenge.

For this year’s challenge, I’ll be writing 2 words per letter!
Oh yes, double trouble.
So without any delay, here’s my first entry for this challenge;

A is for Aboulia which means loss of ability to make decisions.

1
Image credit – Business Insider

Often at some point in life, taking decisions either get too easy or sometimes too tough.
Now I’m not speaking in general terms. Sometimes if you keep a situation, once it’s easy for you to decide and once it’s not.
This happens due to the mind which is either troubled or lazy.
Unless the mind is clear, even simpler tasks look quite impossible to finish.

So your first emphasis must always be to clear what worries you.
Once that’s clear, everything looks simple.
Like they say, a calm mind can solve complex problems but a troubled soul cannot do the same.

This brings me to the next word i.e.

A is for Abscission which means cutting off; cutting away.

Whenever we are hurt, there are many ways in which we choose to react.
Sometimes we choose to cut off from the world.
Maybe that’s what we think is right at that moment.

But is it?

Cutting off means there’s no communication whatsoever with anyone.
That means your tiny mind will focus a 100% on the thing that’s bothering you.
That will in turn hurt you even more than before.

Thus change your approach; choose a few whom you can talk to at these moments.
It helps a lot. Sometimes you get a friend who just listens, sometimes a partner who will give you a third man’s view of the situation etc.

Cutting away ties is also what’s trending now a lot. It’s said that as we grow, our friends circle decrease. Do you agree?
I don’t want to, but as years have passed, I have made new friends but have failed to be close to friends I knew for a long time.

Have you gone through a similar thing? Or am I the odd one out?

Do let me know!

For my last year’s entry for the letter “A” for this challenge, CLICK HERE

This post is written as a part of A-Z challenge 2016 where bloggers from all around the world will blog for the whole month, daily based on all the alphabets in chronological order.

You can read more such beautiful posts on their website.

26 thoughts on “A is for Aboulia and Abscission”

Leave a Reply