5 Things I Cannot Do Without

Here’s the list of 5 things i just cannot live without;

  1. Books:
You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child. – Dr. Seuss.
I cannot just live without em. I always have a book with me while travelling anywhere.
Even though I’ll be travelling by bus to work (which takes 20-25 mins BTW) I’ll still try reading in that time frame.
It’s like therapy. Reading opens up horizons in your mind like no other thing can!
Image credit – classroomclipart.com

  1. Internet:
The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.  –Andrew Brown
Yes, I admit it. We cannot live without the World Wide Web. It has got us entangled to the hilt.
I need my daily dose of notifications from my Facebook timeline, twitter feed, a few news updates too and yeah, Whats App also!
Although I can resist these things for a few days altogether, I cannot do it for a longer period.
Image credit – cognitivetherapycentre.com

  1. Smartphone:
Yes i am my smartphone’s slave. I wake up and the first thing i have to see is my phone. Whether it’s the day or night, sunny or rainy, hot breeze or super cold wind, i just need my phone! The plus point is that i get to post a lot on my blog through my phone. It’s quite convenient and effective.
Image credit – ibnlive.com

     4) My Home:
The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned. – Maya Angelou
Home is where the heart is. The one place where we know we will be safe and sound. I agree that there is no better comfort than to just be at your home sweet home. You can go to Hawaii, grace the various treasured islands, live in castles and forts for a fortnight, but in the end, you’ll rest like a baby only when you’re home!
Image credit – www.123rf.com

    5)     My school friends:
It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Yes, i know how this sounds but I’ve been in touch with 4 of my school friends and our friendship means a huge deal to me. It’s their sheer presence that is enough to drive out the stress i go through sometimes. The fun, the jokes, the moments… everything is like a prized possession of mine.

This post is written as a part of BlogChatter’s prompt “Five things I cannot do without!”
To check more posts from this week’s prompt, CLICK HERE